Thursday 5 November 2009

What A Way To Start The Day!




\ Can you imagine this........ my sister has never had a manicure done before... so today was a treat. First we started with one and then a pedicure. It's been years since I had my nails done so I booked us an appointment for today, early in the morning. Gotta get ready for her wedding this weekend ma, haimai? Anyway, technology has changed... manicure isn't like how it used to be! Here's a pic of me having those fakies pasted at my fingertips.

Look, plasma screens at my fingertips! If... and only IF I had nails like these, I would be losing a lot fun things in life..... picking my nose, my ears .... and wiping my bee-hind will be a slow and gentle process...
Nah, I'm not that adventurous... I had them trimmed short with rounded tips.

Voila! Short and hopefully, easy to maintain.
I chose a shiny, pinkish varnish and after 2 coats, the nails were perfection.
Next, a nice soak for my tired feet. I have awful "old lady" feet.
Angel took a seat next to mine. These massage chairs should be called "chak kuat" chairs.. The rollers were so powerful I could feel them assaulting my kidneys, my butt and back. I tried to explain to the lady that that chair was trying to kill me but she sprechen virtually no Englisch so in desperation, I pointed at my back and said "no meat"... She then exclaimed "ah! No meat! Ok Ok!" and brought me a towel to pad my back.. Fat load of good that did.
After the nice and warm soak, we had our gunk and daki all scraped out. I think I felt about a pound lighter after that. Getting my cuticles and nails clipped...
Getting ready for a foot massage......

If you think it's a waste of money going for a manicure and pedicure, think again. Once in a while, go pamper yourself. You're worth it!

No comments: