Sunday 15 June 2008

Speech Jitters

Today was rainy... woke up at 6am & couldn't fall asleep again. Then it started raining...... A LOT... Firstly I had to pick up Mary, the octogenarian from the neighbouring old age facility, then I had to haul 2 boxes of planned giving envelopes, and on top of that, my piano bag and my precious Yamaha Keyboard. By the time I reached the Church, the boxes and others were nice and dry but I was soaked! THere went my curls I had done in the morning. Anyway, right after the Entrance hymn, I started having gastric pains! Oh my... my face contorted everytime the wave of pains started. But the pain was temporarily overshadowed by the need to get up in front of the congregation to deliver the Finance Speech. It was nerve wrecking but it was enough to take my mind away from the pain!
Anyway, after coming home, I seeked the pain relieving, life-saving... at least for me... MILO... Yup, that did the trick. Always did.

No comments: