Tuesday 23 September 2008

Timing So Right!


For me, the kids' term holidays are so aptly timed that I think I am almost "there" with the lack of quality sleep. Need some sleeping-in time. Of course, they'll be with me 24/7 for the next 2 weeks... Have to start planning activities for them. 2 poles-apart- kids and just one of me. There's so much to be done as well at home.... cleaning, ironing, daily cooking.... I wish I had a maid again. Bryan has the most homework, compared to Caitlyn, although he's only in Kindy. The Speech Pathologist gives him 2 new books every 2 weeks to read. So every day, he has the 2 books to read PLUS his Kindy book. Other than that, he needs to work on his fingers dexterity, so I've bought him his favourite BEN 10 soft rugby ball for him to play catch with. I've decided to do OT on him myself and save the money from hiring an OT for him. So far, knock on wood, he doesn't have any emotional or behaviour issues, to I'm keeping the Psych at bay.. they cost an arm, a leg and a spleen.

Any readers who has experience working with, or has a child with ASD, do drop me a line, would like to get to know you and share ideas.

1 comment:

Physiomom said...

Sorry for my ignorence. Bryan has autism? My sister in law's daughter also have that problem & doing very well in Texas with the speech therapy & autism programme . Thks to her caring & patient mom who is willing to go tru the hardship with her & really understanding , too!