Monday 1 June 2009

Foundation Day!

Today is a public holiday. Didn't go anywhere... except for Derrick.. he had a date with the family Dr for his chest infection. Finally, 2 courses of antibiotic, just like Bryan. My tonsil is swollen and I've got craters insides of my lips which feel as though UFOs landed on them last night.
Yesterday was St. Emilie's Parish International Food and Funfair and our Le Chon stall was a hit! The crowd thronged our stall. I mean... LOOK!The guys didn't have much room to move about.
The roasts were sold our within the hour. Luckily we had other cooked food to sell. The weather forecast suggested rain and thunderstorm but thank heavens it didn't rain. It was nice and cool.
This picture of the roast pig was painted by Philomena Too. She's our choir conductor at St. Emilie's Parish, a well-respected lady. I couldn't get a better shot of the picture as the daylights reflected off the picture.
The guys from the shop came to do the chopping up... the choir members weighed the meat, boxed them and sold them.
Alas, I had to head home by noon to feed the family and the funfair ended at 3pm.

No comments: