Saturday 23 August 2008

Barely Even 6 Months

I always like to have hot water ready at home for my incessant beverage bingeing and I bought a hot water dispenser. Barely 6 months, the filter rusted and broke into a gazzillion pieces and the rim became rusty too and imagine the rusty water just trickling back into the pot... Yikes! First I thought were brown worms but then I looked closely, there were actually metal pieces! I packed it up, drove all the way to 5 mins short of the City and exchanged it with another hot water dispenser. Somehow Aussies don't really like having such a machine at home cos there was just the ONE on display which was on sale. No other brands, no other models. So I took the display set home in exchange for the rusty one.

And what happened to the "new" one? It wouldn't stop boiling. In the morning, my kitchen and living room was like a sauna, luckily it was a 6 liter pot, so it didn't dry up. But boy did it clear my nose that morning!


So, I had to drive aaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllll the way back and got my money back. THinking that usually Asians would prefer stuff like that, I went to an Asian shop.. and was told that shops like these are not licensed to carry electrical products.


SO, what to do? Phil offered to get one for me ......... all the way from Singapore.

No comments: