Wednesday 14 October 2009

He Went To Battle Without His Gun.... How Typical


"You lah! Go to battle without your gun....." is my favourite line I tell my hubby every time he forgets something and needed me to get it during the most inopportune moment.
For instance, going into the shower without his towel, climbing all the way up the ladder to drill the wall then realising he hadn't the stuff he needed to do it....
Don't get me wrong, he's ain't no dumb-ass.... he scored mostly high distinctions in every subject all through his uni days. Just like when he sat for his Mas. in I.T. exams, he'd get upset with he got a Distinction and complained to the examiner that he knew his piece of work was worth at least a High Distinction. And to my surprise, they did.. they remarked his paper and gave him a Hi-D. If you asked me, I think they gave it to him just to shut him up!
Anyway, a week ago, he attended a home-furnishings auction. Knowing full well he'd be buying SOMETHING home, he drove his smallish Daihatsu Pyzar to goodness knows where north of the river and bid on a dining table... and got it for $300.00. Not bad, considering the whole set was more than $1.5K. Feeling happy that he finally got a very good deal, he had to queue up to pay... then he realised.... How the hell was he supposed to cart it home........ I mean, LOOK! Finally, he found some people there are paid them $70 to deliver it........ which they did... not only did they deliver the table, they also delivered muddy shoe prints and buckets of sand into the dining room.

No comments: