Monday 5 October 2009

Olfactory Deja Vu!

There were so many of us wearing perfume at Wendy and Michael's wedding anniversary dinner last night that at one point, my dear friend Alicia felt that the room was getting stuffier by the minute. Walking past different ladies, their scents took me back to various stages of my growing up life. When I was in nursing school, I loved Giorgio Beverly Hills.
I also adored everything from the Red Door collection... even went on to by the Red Door passport collection. I purposefully didn't buy a Chanel no. 5 merely because of one reason.... too many girls I knew had one... even Levi's jeans... same reason. I'd own a pair of designer jeans... but not a Levi's..... I know..... those were the times.... Lucky for me, I still can fit into those jeans, so they're not really a waste of money.... they were investments! Oh how I console myself....



I gave a lot of my perfumes away before I moved here. Now, all I have on my shelf are Baby Benches(yup!) J&J baby colognes (they're really refreshing on a hot summer's day), a 4711 (for the same reason), a Davidoff's Function(s),a Versace's Red Jeans, given to me by Bryan's GodPa, a Red Door from Audrey, Calvin Klein's Eternity from Alison, an Elizabeth Arden's Provocative Women from Audrey too, and Calvin Klein's Euphoria for men, which I won in an online contest.
Despite all of these, I till love my Red Door. It brings back fond memories. It's classic, elegant, filled with a a mélange of rich, rare orchids and roses that creates a spicy, sweet and sensual aroma. And being a bit of an Ah Lian, I like the bottle with gold and vibrant red tones.
What are your favourite scents?

No comments: