Thursday 2 February 2012

First Day Back At School......

Love it or hate it, it's the first day of school. On the one hand, kids are OFF to school! Yay! On the other hand, parents of littlies have to wake up early, pack their lunches, haul them out of bed etc.... you know the drill.... Bryan woke up early..... a bit too early for my liking... try 5.30am for size. He poked his head into my room and in my usual grumpy why-the-hell-did-you-wake-me-up-at-five-freaking-thirty-in-the-morning gruffy voice, I asked him... and he answered without missing a heartbeat "I just wanted to see if you're here". Now how do you react to that? I just went "oh go back to bed.... NOW! It's too early"... and off he went... it was not till 6am I woke up to a bit of rustling sounds coming from the kitchen... there he was, iPad in hand, watching caterpillars on YouTube....Why O Why......

Fast forward 8.15am, reached the school, Caitlyn took off like a bullet. I was looking around for Bryan's new classroom. Very confidently, he strode up to the new building block and said "it's in here mummy!" and I went "no Bryan, your class is at one of the demountable...." I walked to the said demountable, no Mrs Faulkner... then an EA poked her head out and said "HI BRYAN!" Another EA also said the same... Gosh... EVERYBODY knows Bryan.... Sheepishly I asked where Bryan's class was..... and they pointed... to the new building block....

Lesson #1 today for mom: Always trust Bryan's sense of direction...  Autism 1 Mummy 0

No comments: