Monday 29 December 2008

Going... going......GONE!

Smithereens

Derrick and Bryan were startled by a loud BANG! last Monday while they were doing their daily reading. The sound seemed to come from the MBR en suite. Both father and son went to check but didn't see anything amiss.... and went back to task.....


After choir practice, I came back and went in for a shower and I thought the glass looked kinda unusual, upon closer inspection, I realised there was a straight crack from top to bottom and I could hear a symphony of snaps, crackles and pops continually....... within minutes, I could actually see the glass spider-webbing into smithereens. Luckily it's a type of safety glass, so it didn't shatter onto the ground but small bits did fall off on either side of the screen, so I had to evacuate.. and call the glass people....... who could only come to fix it ...... a week later!


Well, glass guy came at 8am and got the job done within the hour and VOILA! good as new.......

THERE, ALL DONE!





No comments: