Friday 16 January 2009

All God's Creatures Big and Small..... and Colourful....

Zoo In The 'Burbs

Bryan getting ready to mind a chick

All set!
Since Boxing Day's zoo outing was such a disaster, the mini zoo came to us instead. The Forrest Lakes Shopping Centre in Thornlie has the most amazing exhibitions. Once a year they have the snakes and reptile show (you'll be able to read it from my previous blog) and now, a mini animal farm... I didn't know it existed... I thought of going out shopping at Coles and thought of taking Bryan with me..... When we arrived there, Lo and behold the smell of animals greeted us.. Man you should have seen the look on his face! He behaved very well during the entire outing.... UNTIL.... it was time to leave the mini petting zoo.. he didn't want to leave, so I had to grip his arm really firmly and took him away to wash up at the toilet. But luckily he regained composure really quickly. Phew!

I'm going to catch yoooooooooooooooou!
He loved feeding the chicks by hand, loved covering the guinea pigs with straw and telling me that "the guinea pigs are hiding!", loved to stroke the lambs' butt and at one point, looked up the calf and wonder what the dangly hairy bit was..... I'm just glad he didn't pull it although he did grab the tail once. Got them eating out of the palms of my hands
He was tickled pink when he saw this..... I guess he didn't remember seeing chickens this colour... I guess I can't fault him if he coloured his chickens pink and blue...
I wonder if they glowed in the dark too.........
After shopping with Bryan, we went home and since it was only 1230, I figured since the mini zoo closed at 2pm, I'd rush Caitlyn there for some fun. So within 30mins, I was out again, in the 40deg heat, battling hot winds... with Caitlyn. She didn't really stay very long but she had a go with feeding the chick, brushed some lambs, stepped on some poo.... For the LAST time, I'm an ALPACA.. not an ASS... now stop poking me THERE!

1 comment:

Physiomom said...

Looks very fun & educational. Hw I wish got such petting zoo in the malls here.