Monday 5 January 2009

Angelic Bryan

Check out my candy!
I found this photo of Bryan. It was St. Emilie's Christmas party and the organisers were looking for some kids to put on costumes to do the Nativity scene. I asked Caitlyn to take part but she said she was too "nervous" to do it... Then surprisingly, Bryan kept pulling on my sleeve, saying "i want to wear the gown..." over and over again.. Since he asked, I wasn't about to pass up the chance ... thinking "wow.. he's finally trying to take part spontaneously, trying to belong to a group and trying to fit in". Then I dressed him up as an angel.. after that, he asked "I want my crown". So I gave him his "crown" (halo). After that, he pretty much stayed with the group, sat together but of course, didn't know the lyrics to the Christmas carols. I was very happy that he managed to "take part" willingly and behaving well... UNTIL Santa started giving out candy which gave him a sugar buzz... oh man..

No comments: