Sunday 24 May 2009

You Can Take Hubby Out Of Singapore but You Can't Take Singapore Out Of Hubby...

We are invited to a fancy dress party.
I have made up my mind of what to dress up in.
It shall remain a secret.... until the day of event, I'll have pictures taken and I'll post them.
So for the past couple of days, I've been calling up friends to borrow stuff for it.
So far, friends are very excited for me.... So I guess I've got my get-up down pat.
Then I casually informed hubby:

Me: Eh... I have decided to go as "******************"
Hubby: OK, then go borrow stuff for me too.
Me: What? Ew... you and ******************* don't go... Aiya.. go wear your army uniform can already la... Hubby:Dowan.. skali all the Singaporean friends all wear army uniform how?
Me: I don't care. How to borrow stuff for you? All my friends got girl stuff only.
Hubby:Do you have any Scottish friends?
Me: (Bewildered) WHAT? You want to wear a kilt ah... no underwear one you know... night time some more, you not scared cold ah?
Hubby:The party indoor one what....

On the one hand, I salute him for being very game for dressing up for the occasion. On the other hand, I cannot imagine him dressed up in a kilt.
So I called Angel, my sis. Angel suggested Hip Hop and Sam's got the entire getup.. down to the male/female bling.... So I chope lor. So? Problem solved...
Now to tell Derrick the good news....

Me: Eh... No need to find already... You dress HipHop... Sam's got everything
Hubby: What? Hip Hop? What's HipHop.... Thick Socks is it?
Me: (Whatta.... "thick socks"???? His deafness so bad now is it?)
Caitlyn: I know what HipHop is Papa... You wear a cap, jeans, T Shirt......
Me: See? Even your 8 year old daughter knows....
Hubby: I only know hip hop dance...
Me: Ya la... then what the dancers wear? Naked ah?

Sometimes I wonder.... does my hubby live in an underground bunker with no multimedia influence at all?

No comments: