Saturday 26 July 2008

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand."-Randy Pausch

I have been keeping up to date with Randy's condition via his webpage at http://download.srv.cs.cmu.edu/~pausch/news/index.html but I guess the page must be really busy today, especially after the announcement of his death from complications of pancreatic cancer yesterday.
I stumbled upon his "Last Lecture" literally, by accident, many many moons ago and watched the lecture online. Since then, I have read about him in Readers Digest and would check on his webpage everyday to see how he was doing. His last lecture was amazing. For those who haven't seen it, I strongly recommend watching it. His last lecture made me change how I look at life. I get to The only word I can describe it is "powerful". You can look him up at Youtube or you can click on the link at the bottom of http://www.cmu.edu/homepage/beyond/2008/summer/an-enduring-legacy.shtml I won't spoil it by revealing what the "Last Lecture" is about so, go ahead, click and watch.. You'll be in awe...

No comments: